Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The awards banquet

Sorry the pictures are so bad, but all I had was my cell phone!

We had the end of the year swim banquet tonight. I don't know if you all know the story of the swim-a-thon, but here it is. Skylar was supposed to swim for 20 min to raise money for her swim team. She could get money per lap, per minute, or a straight donation. I thought that she would do maybe 4 or 5 laps and so I pledged $20 per lap and convinced others to donate to her cause. Turns out she swam 13 laps! My jaw just dropped, but I stood by my pledge. Skylar raised 3 times more than anyone else on the team so she got a prize for being the top money raiser at the awards banquet tonight. She raised $1100, the next closest person was $350. The whole total for the team was $4000. I'm on to her, so next year it might not be so high! Here she is getting her prize.


No comments:

Post a Comment