Friday, April 6, 2012

Day one in the Smoky Mountains

We landed in Nashville and headed right over to the Smoky Mountains. We checked in, got some dinner (yummy Indian food!) and went to bed. Waking up the next morning, this is the view from our deck!

We decided to start the morning with a little hike. Crossing our first bridge.


Visa offered to backpack Charlotta while I pushed the stroller (which was not used even one time!).



Skylar and Little Lena bonded on the car ride to the Smokies and after that Lena did not want to leave Skylar's side the whole trip. Skylar helping Lena across a puddle.

Back on their way again.

Crossing the river. The stroller gets abandoned here!


Finally, we reach the waterfall.

Lena enjoying the view.

We have a little snack.

Skylar decided she must climb the waterfall!

While Skylar is gone, Lena kept calling into the hollow tree for Skylar. "Where are you?!"

Skylar makes it to the top...

So then of course, everyone wants to climb! Brennen also. I told him he was too little to climb the waterfall by himself, so he storms off the other way all mad at me.

Lovisa goes to get him and asks him what is wrong. "My mommy says I'm too little!" Knowing what that feels like (she is the fifth), she decides to help him up the waterfall.

Everyone making the climb, while the little ones continue eating.


They all made it!

Including me!

Kellen forgoes the attempt to stay dry!

Little Lena reunited with her darling Skylar!

Then we headed off to lunch, which had a beautiful garden as a waiting room!


After lunch, we headed back to our cabin and put the little ones down for a nap. Then the Deans (-2 little ones) headed over to Dollywood (an amusement park) for a little fun and some ice cream!

Little Lena would not even consider going to sleep without her Skylar!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had an amazing Easter - and Browen - you look so great!!! Did you loose even more weight?
    Hugs from Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I have lost a bit more weight since I was with you guys (about 20 lbs). I just have a few more pounds to go and I have reached my goal!

    ReplyDelete