Sunday, January 17, 2010

Skylar made Tri-State!!!!!

We were at a swim meet all weekend and Skylar swam really awesome! I was so proud of her, I thought my chest would explode! She dropped 3 seconds in her 25 free and qualified for Tri-State. She actually swam so well that she is now only one second away from qualifying for the Midwestern swim meet (a really fast, awesome swim meet!). She dropped 1 1/2sec. in her back and qualified for Tri-State. She dropped 4 seconds in her breast and smashed the q time for Tri-State. Again, she swam that one so well that she is now 1/2 second from qualifying for Midwesterns in that event!! She is so excited that she could make it to Midwesterns. She also dropped 3 seconds in her fly and is now 1 second from q time to Tri-State. You would think with dropping all that time, she would have dropped a ton of time in her 100 IM (one length of all the strokes), but no, she added time. Who knows? She is .2sec. away from qualifying for Tri-state in that! I think she should make it! Anyway, I am just so proud that I had to brag!!! She also did really well in her swim-a-thon last week! She swam 18 laps which is really good! I am afraid that she might be a distance swimmer (no parent likes to sit through the distance events!). Oh well, such is life! I am still just so proud of her.

Waiting to be called for her 25 breast.

Take your marks...

Swimming hard!


Relaxing between events.

No comments:

Post a Comment