Saturday, April 27, 2013

The worst piano recital ever!!

This was one of the more embarrassing experiences of my parenting career.  It was Skylar and James' piano recital morning and JT, Marilyn, and Jim were all out of town.  Therefore, I had to bring all of the children along.  After hurrying to get all of the children dressed and out the door, I was going to be just on time. I was told the recital was at the church, so I went to the church where it was last year.  I had no idea that the piano teacher had changed churches, so when I showed up at the old church, there was no one there. So then I called her husband, found out where the new church was and arrived 10 minutes late.  Right before we get to the church, Brennen tells me he does not feel good from all the crazy driving.  I was hoping once we got out of the car, he would feel better.  Since I had to unbuckle Charlotta and Brennen, I was the last one to walk into the church (in the middle of another child playing).  Skylar had decided that the front row was the place to sit and so we made all that commotion getting to the front.  Of course, James had missed his time to play so he was all flustered, but he got to play as soon as we got there.  It was awful.  It sounded like we had never, ever played the song before.  It was so bad I had to stop recording.  He finally got it together at the end, so I have the last 10 seconds.  He did pretty well in his solo song.

http://thedeanslife.shutterfly.com/7982

http://thedeanslife.shutterfly.com/7983

As soon as James was done playing, Brennen starting puking all over the front of the church--a lot!  I just picked him up and ran down the aisle of the church, leaving four children unsupervised at the front of the church.  After he is done and cleaned up, I have to clean up the puke at the front of the church between different kids playing.  Meanwhile, Kellen and Charlotta start arguing over who gets to hold The Bible and they rip a page.  Everyone is looking at me with daggers in their eyes.  I just want to leave, but Skylar is the last person to play so I have to wait.  Torture!!!!!!!  Anyway, Skylar did a nice job and finished with a beautiful song.  I hope you enjoy--I know I didn't!
http://thedeanslife.shutterfly.com/7984

http://thedeanslife.shutterfly.com/7985

After the humiliation of the recital, it was time for some soccer.  This, I can handle.  The kids can run all they want and bother no one!  Charlotta loves to play soccer.  She runs the whole time after her ball!
 
Brennen tolerates it for about 15 minutes, then he gets bored.
James (bright orange shoe laces) loves to play.  He seems to have some skill at defense, but on offense, he kicks the ball, then falls down.  He is always on the ground.
Here is a nice block by James!
And a great kick!
When we got back, the girls decided to be bathing beauties!
Lotta felt so special to be one of the girls!
My little pre-teen!  A LITTLE SCARY!
Besties--Jessica and Skylar!
Best sisters!  Skylar really does a good job of including Charlotta.
Next disaster of the day--the mud pit!  While I was busy putting Charlotta down for a nap, the kids decided to break out the water and make a mud pit.  I have no idea if grass will ever grow there again!
I have to admit--I was really glad when this day was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment