Monday, April 8, 2013

My first swim meet in 15 years!!

So, I have been doing Triathlons for a year now, but my passion has always been the swimming.  I swim three mornings a week with a group of master's swimmers (anyone over the age of 18) and they all decided to go to a meet to compete.  I thought, oh why not?  It's been 15 years, but let's see what I can do. Here is the group that I swim with.
 
This is my good friend Katrina, who is one of my biggest supporters!  She helps keep me going in the mornings (literally getting out of bed to go to the pool and working hard in the pool).
 
 Getting reading for my first swim...
 Take your marks, GO!!!


 Happy to be done:)
I did not quite make my goals I had set for myself, but I did something else I never thought possible.  I qualified for US masters swimming national championships and Masters swimming world championships in Montreal, Canada next year.  I'm thinking maybe I should step up my training a little to see what I can really do at Worlds next year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment