Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lake swimming in March?

It's our first trip up to the lake this year.
Skylar: It's been so nice, mama, I'll just bet it will be warm enough to swim.
Me: It's going to be freezing. There is no way you will be able to swim.
Skylar: Who wants to bet about how warm the water will be?
Mama: Me! It's going to be freezing cold still!; James-warmish; Skylar-hot!!!
JT: You will put one toe in and run as fast as you can the other way!
As we are pulling up to the house, Skylar asks: How do you know it will be too cold?
As they are bolting out of the car to get to the water, JT and I look at each other, supremely confident in the fact that it WILL be too cold, laugh haughtily and say to each other (they have all left the car at this point), "Because it is March!"

"See Mom, it's not too cold"

Brennen testing the waters while James decides it is ok for him and is getting on his suit.


Next man in!


Charlotta staying way back thinking, "I'm not too sure about this!"

OK! Fine, I will try it.

Mama tries it with her hands and thinks, "This really is not that bad. I'll let Lotta put her feet in and see what she thinks." Soon she sits down with the pants on, so they have to come off.

I'm lovin it!

And they're all in! (I also want to mention to my mom, that I did not bribe anyone with, "first one in gets $5"--kind of hard to bribe a baby!)

If they're all in, it can't be that bad!

Holy S--T! It is cold!

After a while, it was time to warm up in the sun with a little sand castle building.


Then some bean bag toss!


Brennen goes fishing...

and climbs the docks.

One last dip for Brennen before the day is done!

Not so nice on Sunday! No one even wanted to go outside--it was freezing!

1 comment:

  1. Great! I don't have to worry about you guys thinking it might be too cold to swim in Swedish waters this summer. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete