Sunday, June 1, 2014

A weekend in Chicago

Since Byron is an accountant, he works around the clock until April 15.  I have been wanting to go somewhere with him to reintroduce him to the world after all those long hours.  We actually got it done this year and headed off to Chicago.  We started the weekend off with a 10K, 14 obstacle mud run.  Other than a few issues with a Taco Johns breakfast, we had a lot of fun!  On the bus before getting dirty.
 
   Byron, getting to shower with 100 ladies....
 All "cleaned" up.

 Later that night, we headed out to dinner with Matt and Katie, and Lovisa joined us as well.  After a delicious dinner, we went to see the show Avenue Q. Dirty....very dirty!
Starting the day off with a huge Bloody Mary.
 Then off for a little history tour of Chicago.  This was a really great tour!
Byron had to head back to work, but I stayed a few more days for some shopping with my sister and my mom.  I had a great time and really felt ready to start summer with the kids when I got back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment