Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Feburary 21-24

I have been very down lately because of my surgery, JT being gone since about Christmas, Skylar and James' room situation, and just general stuff of taking care of 5 kids.  JT decided that I needed to get away, so when we got invited by his parents to go to the Daytona 500 for the weekend, he jumped at the chance. Here is the view from our hotel room.  Just the view of the ocean is a tonic for me!
  
 Gen and I spent the morning shopping and then met up with the rest of the crew for day 1 of racing.  It was a little chilly and rainy, so I couldn't go play in the ocean:(  But that night we went down the boardwalk and had a fun time.  Everyone (but me--I hate, hate these kinds of rides) went on the Space Shot...

 Then we did some go-cart racing, where two of our crew (Matt and Johnny-Katie's brother) got kicked off the track for "crashing."

 The next day was a very long day.  I got food poisoning and was sick all day and the race was started on time, but then delayed SIX hours due to rain.  Finally, at 8:30 at night, the race was on again...
I'm a little sad I didn't get to play in the ocean, but it was still nice to get away for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment