Saturday, July 23, 2011

Skylar's first Triathlon!

Skylar and James have been visiting with Lovisa and Brad for the last two weeks. On the last day, there was a kids triathlon in Midland and Skylar really wanted to do it. It was a 25 yard swim (boo-way to short!), 2 mile bike, and 1/2 mile run. Here she is right before the race!

I was so proud of her for just doing it. She beat me in doing a triathlon. Now she has really inspired me to actually do what I have been saying that I am going to do! Siouxperman Tri, here I come. After the race!

She did really great! She got 11th place, which I thought was very good for a first timer. We signed her up late, so she got placed in an early heat and she beat everyone in her heat by about 5 minutes. I bet if she had been in a later heat, she could have done even better, but I was just so proud of her for doing it! She already wants us to sign her up for next year. James did not want to do it this year, but he is thinking about it for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment