Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kellen's Christmas Program and Swedish Gingerbread

OK, so today was Kellen's Christmas program at preschool and it was a bit of a disaster. When I got there all of the kids were up front and had just started singing Jingle Bells...

but Kellen was no where to be seen. Finally, I found him. Between the two teachers.

Was he being bad AGAIN(Kellen has been pretty naughty this past week. I have been trying to tell him that Santa is watching, but he doesn't quite understand)? I think that he just did not want to be up front with all the people watching, but I am not really sure. He finally decided to join the class when it was time for opening presents.

For the last song, Kellen decided to be up front with the class. Why he can't face us, I am not sure. Kellen is definitely one of a kind!

We finished up our gingerbread after school today. I think the kids ate more dough than they made cookies, but oh well. I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid.

I did have an epiphany while I was making the gingerbread. Only those who have ever made the Swedish gingerbread can truly appreciate this. I thought, why not use a silpat? So I tried it and it saved me hours. I just roll out the dough on the mat, cut the cookies out on the mat, and cook them on the mat, then they pop right off. No more rolling out the dough and having it rip right when you got it the right thickness. No more ruined cookies that you already cut out because you couldn't get them off the counter. No more totally deformed cookies because they didn't make the transfer from counter to the tray! It was totally awesome! I have never been in such a good mood when I have finished making the Swedish gingerbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment