Monday, October 12, 2009

What?!!!

I could not believe it when I woke up and saw this! I was totally unprepared for snow and was madly scrambling this morning to get the kids all the gear they need. I had no snow boots that fit them, so I had to send them in galoshes. Their winter coats were small last year and they could not even squeeze into them today. I had to send them in spring jackets with an extra sweat shirt. I ran down to storage to dig out some snow pants (they actually fit!). Then I had to find gloves and hats that fit. I can't believe we actually made it in time for the bus. I mean everything was still green, so snow had not even crept into my mind!

After I got everyone to school in a joke of a get-up, I ran to Wal-mart to stock up on winter gear. Boy, am I glad I came early. Apparently, I was not the only mom frazzled by the snow this morning. Wal-mart was packed with people buying snow wear and the pickings got slim pretty fast. I got the last pair of boots in each of the kids' sizes. I felt like I was elbowing people out of the way for a pair of kid boots. Then I was nervous the whole rest of the day, waiting for Skylar's approval on her new gear (she is very picky about her clothes)! She loved it and told me I was the best mom and got her the best winter stuff (I was not expecting that). Phew, what a relief! Now, I am physically prepared for the snow, but mentally... this is going to be a very long winter if it starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment